- Tutor-led - University of Southampton academics will guide you through the content and answer your questions, providing the support you need
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited - this will help you demonstrate your commitment to upskilling at your next work appraisal
- Hands-on - learn how to apply AI capabilities within your own workplace
- Developed by our pioneering Data Science team - the University of Southampton is ranked among the top 100 universities globally.
Who is this course for?
- This 6-week, part-time, online course is for professionals who want to develop the knowledge and practical skills needed to work more effectively with data. You will learn how to talk about data to those with, and without, technical knowledge. You’ll take a hands-on approach to the learning of data skills through interactive exercises that allow you to experience real examples of the techniques and concepts covered in the taught material. The course will empower you to make better-informed business decisions grounded on data evidence
Guidance thoughout the course
- A key benefit of choosing Southampton Data Science Academy over some of the other online courses available is that our courses are tutor-led. A tutor is just as important with an online course as it is in a physical classroom. A good tutor’s passion for the subject will motivate you and inspire you, making the content stick in your mind.
- Our tutors are data science experts who can make complex ideas accessible. If you don’t understand the course material right away they can provide an alternative explanation or use a different example. If you have a question about the content, our tutors are available to answer it. They will work with you to make sure you understand the subject fully and are on track to complete the course successfully.
Hands-on learning that you can immediately apply to your work
- Learning is hands-on, using real-life business examples to demonstrate how you can immediately harness and apply the power of data science to your work. Our online learning platform is easy to access via smartphone, tablet or desktop – anytime and from anywhere in the world. You’ll join a global online network of like-minded professionals and take part in group discussions, Q&A sessions and video tutorials.
Assessment methods and feedback
- You'll complete four assignments during the course - three practical and one set of graded discussions. Your online tutor will provide feedback at the end of the course, consisting of marks and comments on each assignment. After passing the course, you'll receive a downloadable electronic certificate