Expand your horizons and gain a deeper understanding of the way technology and computers work, while unlocking access to the broad array of computer science careers.
- As technology plays a larger role in our day-to-day lives, computing professionals are presented with an ever-increasing array of career pathways to explore. This 100% online and part-time MSc Computer Science will help you develop practical skills and technical knowledge across a range of essential computing topics, while simultaneously building on key transferable skills such as problem solving, research and teamwork.
This conversion course begins with an overview module that considers the fundamental theories and principles of computing and introduces you to key trends in the field. Later in the course, you will study a range of topics including:
- How to contextualise and develop information systems using object-oriented approaches in languages such as Python and SQL
- The underpinning concepts and skills of Software Engineering Project Management, including traditional and contemporary Software Development Life Cycle models
computer networks, network security fundamentals and information security governance principles
- Throughout the course you will develop a number of programs and applications, and your degree will culminate in an individual project and dissertation on the computing problem of your choice. The technical skills you will develop will be an asset in whichever area of computer science you go on to work in.
- Following a successful advisory visit, BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, will undertake a full accreditation visit in the 2021/22 academic year, to consider programmes for accreditation towards Chartered IT Professional.