Make form functional with design engineering technology!
The most beautifully designed product in the world is useless if it doesn’t work. The Bachelor of Science in design engineering technology program at Trine University will teach you to design products that function well while remaining as aesthetically pleasing as possible.
This demanding program is well-recognized in industry for equipping talented, very creative design engineers who are ready to contribute.
The degree: Cutting-edge software, broad engineering base
The Bachelor of Science in design engineering technology degree incorporates industry-leading design software packages including NX, FeatureCam, AutoCAD and SolidWorks into applied engineering coursework.
Program elements are presented within a broad conceptual base of design engineering, manufacturing, quality and management systems, allowing students to choose minors in:
The Bachelor of Science in design engineering technology is designed so that students interested in continuing their education can move seamlessly into Trine’s Master of Science in Engineering Management program or, as many do, into an MBA program.
The experience: Hands-on experience with the latest tech
The Bachelor of Science in design engineering technology program at Trine University will engage you by providing hands-on use of leading-edge technology.
You will be guided by faculty with relevant industry experience who apply engineering concepts through hands-on lab experiences. You will participate in an abundance of group projects. Many of our students pursue internships and co-ops.
You will enjoy the most modern, advanced resources, including a plastics engineering and processing center, plastics testing lab, advanced manufacturing lab, Rapid Prototyping lab, and state-of-the-art computer centers and classrooms.
The result: Successful careers in many fields
The placement rate of 100 percent for the last four years and starting salaries that average $62,000, with many approaching $80,000, demonstrate the great return on this investment in your future. The high quality of the program continues to prepare students to enter and succeed in industries including aerospace, automotive, plastics and biomedical, with a wide variety of specializations and leadership roles.
Admission requirements for transfer students:
High School Transcripts:
Total Credit Hours - 132
General Education Requirements - 44 credit hours
• ENG 103 English Composition I
• ENG 133 Technical Communications
• SP 203 Effective Speaking
• MA 134 Calculus I
• MA 164 Calculus II
• MA 213 Calculus III
• Humanities Electives - 6 credit hours
• Social Sciences Electives - 6 credit hours
• CH 104 General Chemistry I
• PH 224 University Physics I
• PH 234 University Physics II
Program Requirements - 79 credit hours
• GE 101 Introduction to Engineering
• GE 401 Professional Practice
• CS 1113 Object-Oriented Java Programming
• Engineering Science Electives - 5 credit hours
• ECE 112 Prototyping and Projects
• ECE 211 Circuits Laboratory
• ECE 213 Circuit Analysis
• ECE 231 Discrete Electronics Laboratory
• ECE 233 Discrete Electronics
• ECE 243 Analog Signals
• ECE 261 Digital Systems Laboratory
• ECE 263 Digital Systems
• ECE 271 Microcontrollers Laboratory
• ECE 273 Microcontrollers
• ECE 453 Random Processes in ECE
• ECE 3051 Junior Year Lab
• ECE 4001 Contemporary Issues
• ECE 4002 Project Management
• ECE 4003 Design Project
• ECE 301 Electrical Machines Laboratory
• ECE 303 Electrical Machines
• ECE 323 Dynamic EM Fields
• ECE 481 Instrument Systems Laboratory
• ECE 483 Instrument Systems
Electrical Engineering Concentration Electives - 12 credit hours
• Chosen from CS, ECE, or CO prefixed courses
Open Electives - 15 credit hours
• Chosen from approved courses to bring total hours to 132
Additional Requirements - 9 credit hours
• MA 233 Differential Equations
• MA 393 Probability and Statistics
• MA Elective - 3 credit hours
• ONE-TIME Intl Enrolment Fee $500
• ONE-TIME Housing deposit $150
• Tuition $36,700
• Engineering /Science fee $330
• Intl Health Insurance $1,499
• Housing & Meal Plan $11,700
• Student Fee* $530
• Parking Permit Fee** $120
• Total Annual Estimate *** $51,029