This one year postgraduate course (or 18 months with work placement) is designed for data scientists, data engineers and business analysts looking for multidisciplinary skills and the ability to link analytics to creating value for any business.
- The course integrates problem solving and technical ability, provides end-to-end skills in developing web based apps for decision-making, integrates market-leading technologies (one or more of, for example, SAS, Python, MySQL Workbench, Caspio, Wordpress, R) and includes prototyping a real client based data driven decision making app, considering its strategic value, business improvement, and/or as a basis for new products, services and entrepreneurship.
- CEOs and business leaders tell us they're looking for employees who can solve problems in technology-rich environments and link their work to business value - this has driven our focus to equip you with essential cutting edge knowledge and skills to succeed.
- We also offer the Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) Business Intelligence and Analytics and the Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) Business Intelligence and Analytics for those who are looking to complete a postgraduate qualification, in less than one year. The PG
- Dip is designed to be undertaken in two terms (6 months) while the PG Cert can be completed in one term (3 months).
Why study with us?
• Practical courses delivered by experienced teachers and specialists with industry expertise to boost your employability
• Focused learning - smaller class sizes mean friendly, personalised teaching, greater interaction and that your views will be heard
• 100% of our UK postgraduate Business students were in employment 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes 2017/2018)
MSc Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Our MSc Business Intelligence and Analytics is a one year course ideal for students with a numerical background who have an interest in acquiring an in-depth specialist knowledge and a critical understanding of the key aspects of data management and analysis.
- Through interactive and practical learning, you will get to understand and experiment with technologies first-hand, whilst learning about the importance of maintaining up-to-date systems to ensure information remains valid, useful and protected.
- We have designed this course to give you the best possible opportunities to explore and learn about the new tools available to apply correct statistical techniques for decision making and develop the required skills to communicate your findings in ways that non-data scientists will understand. You will also receive plenty of support in the expansion of your research skills through our Research Methods and Professional Development exercises, created to complement your dissertation project.