This programme is for learners who wish to graduate as industry-ready, journalism and communications professionals with advanced TV and radio production skills. With six dedicated TV and radio production modules delivered in our industry-standard radio and TV studios, learners get hands-on content production and editing experience.
- The MA in TV and Radio Journalism is recognised by the NUJ and conducted on both a full and part-time basis over a 1-2 year period. Learners will acquire both a theory-based understanding of the media industries as well as journalism-specific production skills.
- The programme team, made up of industry professionals and full-time academics, aims to instil in learners the skills required to apply critical reflection and intellectual depth to their production of media content.
- You will display reflective critical learning and develop strong practical skills in media production with the use of TV studio, film and television production equipment.
- Avail of our state of the art facilities including an on-campus radio station, 2 broadcasting studios, 4 photographic studios, 3 darkrooms, a TV and Video Studio and a Sound Engineering Studio.
- National Union of Journalists recognition of this programme entitles students to apply for an NUJ Press Card for the duration of their course.
- You are assured of excellent teaching practices, with many of our graduates currently working in a range of leading media outlets including the Irish and Sunday Independent, RTE Radio and Television, Newstalk, TV3 and Google.
- You have an opportunity to join the ranks of multiple award-winners with Griffith College students consistently excelling at the Smedia Awards.
- State-of-the-art studios and facilities
- NUJ Press Pass for the duration of your study
- Build your own professional portfolio
- Study full-time, part-time or through blended learning
- Conceive, produce, edit and publish your own content
- Connect with industry leaders