The Master of Sciences in Legal Technology is a postgraduate Master’s degree designed for law and non-law graduates who want to develop an in-depth knowledge of Legal Technology and how the legal landscape is being changed by technology.
This exciting specialist field is perfect for the modern lawyer because it examines how innovative technologies are changing the way the legal sector operates.
Whether you want to progress within your existing firm, have plans to create your own start-up or simply want to know more about how technology is changing the legal landscape, this innovative, flexible law and technology degree will provide you with the knowledge to help you achieve your ambitions.
When you study the MSc Legal Technology with us you will:
- Stay ahead of the competition by gaining insight into the latest insights of this emerging and rapidly evolving area
- Be taught by subject matter experts, former and current practitioners and research and teaching focused academics
- Focus on legal practice, not just theory
- Benefit from strategic partnerships with firms, regulators and accreditation bodies
- Improve your employability by gaining important transferable skills and mapping your career with our careers team
The award-linked module for this programme (Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain in Law) will consider how disruptive legal technologies are bringing about a fundamental shift in decision-making and shaping a new normal in legal practice operations. The module will look at the two key technologies facilitating this change: artificial intelligence and blockchain. This module will allow you to get hands-on with the technology, exploring how it works as well as the legal and regulatory issues its use presents.
- In addition to a general induction to the programme, there is a two-week induction covering the Key Principles of the English Legal System. This is compulsory for students with a non-law background.
- To help prepare you for your dissertation you’ll study a range of compulsory and further optional Research Methods Training sessions in your first terms.
- We also offer the Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) and Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert) in Legal Technology if you would like to gain essential in-depth knowledge of Legal Technology without having to complete a dissertation.