This is a Research based Program.
The MA in Philosophy at the University of Windsor focuses on studies in social and political critique, broadly construed, and in reasoning and argumentation.
Our program prepares students for further scholarly pursuits such as doctoral studies in philosophy or law school, and for careers in public service, public relations, policy analysis, education, or research.
- It provides resources for a deeply engaged intellectual, professional, and civic life.
- Our low teacher-student ratio ensures close interaction and promotes collegiality.
- The majority of the Centre for Research in Reasoning, Argumentation and Rhetoric’s (CRRAR’s) current members are philosophers.
- The University of Windsor’s Philosophy department is recognized worldwide as the centre of research in informal logic and argumentation. See www.uwindsor.ca/crrar
- Students can expand their formal philosophical education by participating in the department’s lively in-house speakers series, as well as the external speaker series, and the student-organized Philosophy Club.
There are two main avenues to the MA degree:
a) Coursework stream
b) Major paper stream Faculty Research Interests
- Argumentation theory
- Contemporary European Philosophy
- Environmental Philosophy
- Feminist Philosophy
- Informal Logic
- Indigenous Philosophy
- Philosophy of Mind
- Philosophy of Science
- Philosophy of Technology
- Social & Political Philosophy