Program Specific Admission Requirements
Deadline for Fall:
- February 1 - Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents (later applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis)
- February 1 - International applicants (later applications will not be accepted)
- Application deadlines are for the receipt of complete applications, including letters of reference. Please allow yourself and your referees enough time to complete the application.
- Applicants who wish to apply to external scholarships should complete their applications earlier: December 1st for domestic applicants, January 1st for international applicants.
Minimum Admission Requirements
- Doctoral Program:
- Minimum CGPA of 77% in the last 2 years of full-time study including all graduate courses. Possession of minimum required CGPA does not ensure admission. The actual admitting average varies and is competitive.
- International Applicants:
- 4 Year honours degree in a related field
- Minimum TOEFL: IBT-83
- Minimum IELTS: 6.5
- Minimum Pearson: 65
- A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Advanced Physics Test score is helpful to the Admissions Committee to evaluate your application more completely.